The BALTEXPO 2019 International Maritime Exhibition was held from September 9-11, 2019 at the AMBEREXPO Exhibition and Congress Center in Gdańsk. Events accompanying BALTEXPO also took place at the Olivia Hall in Gdańsk and at the headquarters of the Gdańsk Shooting Club in Gdańsk.
ABOUT BALTEXPO 2019
The BALTEXPO International Maritime Exhibition and Conferences is the oldest and largest meeting of broadly understood maritime economy in Poland and its partners, organized continuously since 1982. Apart from such fairs as SMM (Hamburg), Norshipping (Oslo), Posidonia (Piraeus) and Europort (Rotterdam), it is also one of the most important events of this type in Europe.
258 companies and institutions from 23 countries participated in the BALTEXPO 2019 exhibition (66% from Poland, 34% from abroad) and 4,427 visitors (79% from Poland, 21% from abroad).
The 20th edition of the International Maritime Exhibition and Conferences BALTEXPO was largely shaped by the policy of the government of the Republic of Poland (in particular the Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Navigation) and the substantive involvement of market leaders such as Remontowa Holding S.A. (topics of modern ship constructions and future development of the shipbuilding industry in Poland), Polskie LNG S.A. (subject of LNG market development in the context of maritime economy development) and the Port of Gdynia Authority SA (subject of infrastructure investments in Polish ports and raising the standard of port services). Other entities important for shaping the program and the content of this year's BALTEXPO edition include the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development, Center for Eastern Studies, Polish Wind Energy Association, Embassy of the Kingdom of Norway, National Chamber of Maritime Economy, Polish Chamber of Forwarding and Logistics, CLIP Group, BCT Gdynia , Agencja Rozwoju Pomorza, DNV-GL, Dziennik Baltycki, Kurier Kolejowy and Ship Construction Council.
As part of the event, 49 hours of conferences, debates and accompanying events were organized, including:
• Signing the contract between the Center for EU Transport Projects
and the Port of Gdynia Authority (beneficiary) to co-finance the project 'Development of rail access to the western part of the Port of Gdynia - reconstruction and electrification." The project with a total value of PLN 69 821 304.70 will be co-financed in the amount of PLN 19,800,000.00 under the Infrastructure and Environment Operational Program.
• Opening debate "Shipbuilding and ports: what role for the state?"
• Debate with former prime ministers "Twenty times around the BALTEXPO"
• Giving the "Golden Anchor" awards
• Awarding of the "TOP 100" Baltic Daily awards
• "New Silk Road: opportunity or threat to Polish ports' conference
• Information seminar of the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development "Norwegian grants for the maritime industry - investment financing"
• Conference "Natural gas in the Polish maritime economy - present and future"
• Maritime Infrastructure Investment Forum
• Conference "Energy from the sea - offshore wind energy'
• Conference "Port and shipping security'
• Conference "New type surface ship"
• Conference "Education - what model of training human resources for maritime industries: challenges and opportunities to implement them'
• DNV GL Designers Forum meeting "Market and Rules update" (conference in English)
• Conference "Polish specialties in the shipbuilding industry"